Friday, February 8, 2013

Why I am Vegan


 
Going back a few years ago, I had just completed P90X, and was going to start P90X doubles, just a week before starting this program I was in a car accident which left me with neck, and lower back damage.
My life was turned upside down. My extreme exercise routine now consist of laying in bed, sitting, and medicated.
I lost not only by ability to workout, I had lost my independence. My health also took a turn for the worst, gaining 40 lbs., my sugar levels on the rise as well as my blood-pressure, not to mention my joints, and body which at one point was a well oiled machine. I felt like the Tin Man in the Wizard of OZ.

Almost shy of three years since my accident, my life took a U-turn, I knew I had to do something, Physical Therapy was not much help, the doctors just wanted to medicate or their only other advice was surgery, which was NOT an option!

My Daughter Alyssa had been a vegetarian for some time, and kept telling me I should try it, just to loose some weight since I could not work out.
I put off the idea, and kept enjoying  my greasy, sugary, and, dairy foods that gave me an instant high only to feel worse about myself.
So one and a half months ago, Alyssa said, she was going Vegan, and I thought, this is my last change! I Had to get healthy again!

I am now doing things I never thought I could do. Water Aerobics three times a week. Yoga which was impossible, and loosing weight which I did not think could ever happen, not to mention my health has improved. I have energy, energy to do things for myself again

No comments:

Post a Comment